Carlingswitch (ON)/OFF/(ON) double pole V series Contura rocker switch body.
This is a Switch Body Only. Actuators are sold separately.
(ON)/OFF/(ON) configuration, double pole double throw. momentary-on/off/momentary-on
- 12V clear independent lamp in the #1 (top) position. An independent lamp has both a positive and negative terminal as opposed to the standard switches that just have a negative terminal. Independent lamps can be lit independently of the actuator position as opposed to standard "dependent" lamps that get their power internally when the actuator moves to the "on" position.
- 8 terminal; Top two terminals (7,8) are for the lamp, the upper right (7) is the ground and the upper left (8) is the power. The middle two terminals (2,5) are power "in" and the other two pairs of terminals (1,4) and (3,6) are power "out". The switch is "off" when the actuator is in the middle position.
- At times these switches are wired differently. The important thing to remember is how the switch operates. When the bottom of the actuator is depressed, the middle two terminals make contact with the top two (active) terminals that are side by side (ignore the very top 2 terminals for the light, for the moment) . When the top of the actuator is depressed, the middle two terminals make contact with the bottom two terminals. As with all double pole switches, the two sides are independent of each other. So the terminals on the left side of the switch never make contact with the terminals on the right side of the switch unless you install an external jumper wire.
- Common for Marine, RV, automotive, and other 12V DC applications.
- Part# VLD1-3 Sea Ray Part # 1733928, 681494 Windlass Main and other applications. This may be the same as Sea Ray Part # 681484 and Part # 0681484. Double check the number of terminals and the number of lamps. I believe the Sea Ray Part # 681484 number is an error in the manuals and should be Part # 681494. We formerly listed this part as VLDA-1. Also new BBG Part # 1850481
- Choose from a variety of actuators with different lenses. Actuator part numbers begin with VV.
For instructional videos, please visit our YouTube channel: